Because Kids Serve Too!
Camp C.O.P.E. was designed to help our YOUNG HEROES cope with the effects of war, deployments and the sacrifices they are asked to make every day.
At Camp C.O.P.E. children are provided with age-appropriate, fun play-activity interventions in small groups of their PEERS, who have had SIMILAR EXPERIENCES. The interventions are both direct and indirect, according to their comfort level, and are tailored to HELP them COPE BETTER emotionally.
Children who attended Camp C.O.P.E. report IMPROVED GRADES and BEHAVIOR, more ENJOYABLE family functioning and increased HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS with others.
Camp C.O.P.E.’s Mission:
- Camp C.O.P.E. helps the children of service members cope with the transitions they are facing in response to the deployment or injuries sustained by their soldiers.
- Camp C.O.P.E. provides children age-appropriate therapeutic interventions in small groups of their peers, who have had similar experiences.
- Camp C.O.P.E. provides fun, therapeutic interventions for the children as well as information for parents about how to help their children at home.
- Camp C.O.P.E. allows the child to tell their story and help put a voice to their feelings and concerns, while providing new ways to handle their experiences.
- Camp C.O.P.E. was founded in 2004 and is now classified as a non-profit 501(c)3 organization.
Camp C.O.P.E. Core Values
- We believe that Kids Serve Too!
- We endeavor to help ease the strain of children’s personal sacrifices.
- We strive to furnish a safe, uplifting environment.
- We assign only highly qualified and trained counselors.
- We deliver fun, therapeutic activities.
- We offer an atmosphere of acceptance and understanding.
- We venture to make our services available to children of all service members.
- We present our services at absolutely no cost to the children or their families.